The WhatsApp Business Platform is an incredibly effective tool for building engaging, authentic marketing campaigns on the WhatsApp API - something only a WhatsApp Business Solutions Provider like Connectlycan provide access to - and the better you structure your campaigns, the better they will perform. In fact, the businesses we work with see 10x higher click through rates than SMS campaigns, and 30% higher click through rates than traditional WhatsApp messages. But how do you know your campaign is set up to achieve these metrics?
Unlike one-way push campaigns, WhatsApp campaigns provide two-way 1:1 message experiences, so you can ask your customers questions in-thread.
Here are our top 5 musts when it comes to building your promotional WhatsApp flow:
- Personalize as much as possible. Using custom variables - like the recipient’s name or a reference to a recent transaction - and explaining the reason for your message will clearly communicate the value you’re bringing, and increase the likelihood that they want to hear from your business again.
- Use AI to capture customer feedback. Automating not only how you deliver messages, but how you respond to them, is vital to an effective WhatsApp campaign. This includes using bot technology that lets you build tailored flows featuring buttons that ask your customers key decision-making questions. With these insights in hand, you can pinpoint what is causing drop-off, abandoned carts and more.
- Infuse visual elements: Using emojis in the text body of your messages, and integrating media and images mid-thread can enrich the message experience and maintain engagement.
- Give customers the opportunity to opt-out: Empowering customers to respond includes giving them the choice of if and when they want to hear from you. Make sure you include a link to where recipients can opt-out of communication; a footer in your first message is a great place to do this upfront.
- Always include a CTA: Once you capture someone’s interest, make it clear where they need to go to apply their coupon, download your app, or take whatever action your campaign was designed to promote. While it can be tempting to also drive to your new website or the recent news story your company was featured in, multiple CTAs can be confusing, so make sure to only include one.
One bonus tip? Make sure you have access to no-code, simple tools that make it easy for you to run WhatsApp campaigns on your own.